View any employment vacancies in the Church throughout the diocese…
Health & Safety Advisor
Integrating health and safety into the workplace
The Catholic Diocese of Christchurch embraces the majority of Canterbury and Westland, as well as the Chatham Islands. Established in 1887, the Diocese is currently led by Father Rick Loughnan as the Administrator, while the appointment of a new bishop is being made. The mother church of the Diocese is the well known Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament which suffered extensive earthquake damage in 2010 and 2011.
Reporting to the General Manager, this new role will support the development and implementation of a health and safety culture across the Catholic Diocese of Christchurch. The role will provide advice and assistance across the Diocese and its parishes and coordinate health and safety projects to minimise risk. A key responsibility for the role includes training and changing behaviour through a range of participation and engagement activities, focusing on health and safety.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in the health and safety field;
- Expertise in health and safety legislation, regulation, codes of practice, guidelines and standards;
- A sound understanding of the approaches needed to successfully integrate health and safety in the workplace;
- The ability to work under pressure, to be highly organised and to meet deadlines;
- An attention to detail and accuracy in the advice and support provided;
- Ability to work to a plan and develop a project plan where required;
- Well-developed relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be equally comfortable working autonomously; and
- A respect for tradition, values, and an understanding of and empathy with the Catholic faith.
To apply in strict confidence now, click below, or email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting 275778sk. Applications close on 17 April 2017. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view a position description please visit the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 3 353 4365 (DDI).
Prison Chaplain – Women’s Prison
The Catholic Diocese of Christchurch has a vacancy for a part-time prison chaplain at Christchurch Women’s Prison, 20 hours per fortnight, including some Sundays.
The prison chaplain offers a privileged ministry to inmates in their spiritual and pastoral care. The Catholic chaplain works as part of an ecumenical chaplaincy team and is responsible for volunteers who assist with prayer services and other forms of pastoral care.
The role requires a special combination of experience, skill, formation and personal qualities. Applicants should demonstrate a personal faith commitment, relevant pastoral formation and experience, a high level of personal maturity and judgment, a resilient personality and success in working in teams.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment screening required by the Department of Corrections.
further information in confidence, Mike Stopforth, Bishop’s Pastoral Office Director on (03) 366 9869 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should submit a CV and brief cover letter to the same email by Monday 24th April